Tuesday, April 05, 2005

The Transition Continues

I am unable to set up the studio until I get rid of the remainder of the stuff that was there before. J will help me, and I can't do it alone, but he hasn't had time. For now, I am working on the computer, not art stuff but business stuff. My desk is here, in the corner of the living room, with a little desk lamp. It feels very nice to be home again. I can start cooking dinner while I work and dinner will be ready for us when J comes home from work. I know this is novel - like changing jobs, but it feels different and new, and I like it. For some reason , I feel like it's OK to go out and run errands in the middle of the day, and not be tied to the office, like I was before. I don't know how that happened, feeling like I could not leave the office for an afternoon. I am self-(un)employed, after all.

I am working on a website for a fellow artist (the paying gig). I got stuck on the paying gig, so I started working on my own website. That's where my head is at now, anyway, my own artwork.
Energy follows intent, so someone once said to me. So I will be thoughtful when it comes to my own energy.
I am really thinking about marketing my art, making more steps in that direction. I don't exactly know what to do, but I am itching to create more artwork. The show was very motivating, and I really need to add to my body of work.
Once my own website is up to date, I will post pictures. This blog needs them, I think.

No comments: