Thursday, March 23, 2006

Lightfall












This painting has undergone so many transformations, I think I could have made it into three paintings.
But since I painted over them, I have just this one. It is slightly less intense in real life.
It is based on this watercolor,

















I think my original concept was to explore the diffused light, but the colors I mixed up, violets and golds, did not want to be muted, so I went along with it. I like them both, but they are very different paintings.
I don't think my work is finished here yet. I think there is more to explore with these paintings. A lot more.
Which is a good because now I have something to move on to. I can get started right away.

19 comments:

Tracy said...

Hi Melissa, Thought I'd come over and check your work out. I really like this painting. It has a beautiful luminous quality. I am impressed that you went to the Art Center, I was thisclose to going there in 1985, but decided to go east insted of west. I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Melissa said...

Thanks Tracy!

h5o41acrk said...

Get any Desired College Degree, In less then 2 weeks.

Call this number now 24 hours a day 7 days a week (413) 208-3069

Get these Degrees NOW!!!

"BA", "BSc", "MA", "MSc", "MBA", "PHD",

Get everything within 2 weeks.
100% verifiable, this is a real deal

Act now you owe it to your future.

(413) 208-3069 call now 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

amber said...

really like your paintings they show a lot of confidence

Melissa said...

Thank you , Amber, I wish I felt more confident : )

hughman said...

your paintings are awesome.

Melissa said...

Thanks, Hugh!

livefromthebluekitchen said...

hey melissa - your paintings are lovely. i agree with you about the housework/creative work balance thing by the way - so hard to achieve!

Anonymous said...

Benefits Of Maqui Berry

Anonymous said...

Senior Subsidized Housing

Anonymous said...

Gas Mileage Enhancer

Anonymous said...

Nursing Home Insurance

Anonymous said...

Sunnect AP501

Anonymous said...

CatGenie Sanisolution

Anonymous said...

Corvette Checks

Anonymous said...

Corvette Checkbook Cover

Anonymous said...

Gone With The Wind Personal Checks

Anonymous said...

Gas Mileage Savers

Anonymous said...

Fitbit Review