Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Untitled Landscape I

Untitled Landscape I
40" x 30"
Oil on Canvas

I finished this piece months ago, it was sort of a catalyst for me. I've been working with landscapes for a few years now, and with each painting, I feel that I have more to see and to explore. I just recently finished a commission that was based on this piece. I will post that soon. 
I plan to do a lot more landscapes in the near future, I get hung up on titles. I'm thinking of forgoing titles for now. 
I think some paintings benefit from a title, it's easier to reference them, that is for sure. I prefer to not give these specific titles. I don't think they need them, and I don't like to sway the audience. 



1 comment:

Katherine said...

Another beauty!

Some artists use a numbering system in lieu of or in addition to titles.